Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My First Blog Entry

Well, my blog is finally up and running! I'm sure that many of you have been anxious for the creation of my blog(especially you, Mom), and I apologize for the wait.
I can't think of a better way to begin than by sharing an experience that happened to me while on the plane from Utah to Montana. I had finished my time at the Missionary Training Center and was going to Billings, Montana to begin serving there. I had a window seat in the very back of the plane, just looking out at the many mountains we were passing over. We had been flying for some time. Suddenly, the Captain announced over the speaker that we were beginning our descent into Billings, Montana. Right then, I felt the impressions of the Spirit. I felt comfort and encouragement, like it was telling me that going on a mission was the right thing for me, and that if I trust in the Lord, I will do all that I need to do.
Many missionaries get fancy plaques that show where they are going and a scripture that inspires them. I got one, and my scripture is 3 Nephi 5:13. It says "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." This is the scripture I chose because that is my goal. I want to be a diciple of Christ and declare the gospel to all who are willing, so they may have everlasting life.
I know that I am supposed to be out here serving a Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that if I try my best, I will be able to help many people. And I will try to do that through this blog!

1 comment:

  1. Elder White, I'm very excited for you. Having an officially Church-sanctioned missionary blog makes you a pioneer in what is traditionally called the mission "field." May you touch many hearts of those who might not otherwise open their door to a missionary.

    ReplyDelete